Monday, February 20, 2006

Traffic Signals

Was on my way back home the other day on my clean, black, favourite Kinetic Honda Dx :). Was approaching the signal near Windor Manor Bridge when the signal turned Amber. Like an ideal and rare citizen following rules , I stretched out my right hand to show the slow-down signal and then the stop signal while also looking at a not-so-rare sight of another citizen in a maruti-800 racing past as the signal turned red. I turned off the engine (yes i am consious of reducing air-pollution too apart from following traffic rules).

Just then another middle-aged man, who had stopped right next to me said....
" Madam you could have gone no ...because of you , I also stopped "

WHAT THE ....who was this uncle and what was he telling me ? I realized in a few seconds that he meant that i too could have raced past the signal like the guy in the maruti-800 did.

" Uncle...dont u know...Amber means slow down and stop "

" Yes Yes, I completely agree with you, but that 800-vala went no "

" So ? "

" You could have also gone......because of you I also stopped....actually my daughter's tuition is over ....I am in hurriedly situation u see ".

WHAT THE....
" Rules are meant to be followed Uncle , your daughter can wait for 60 seconds more, the world is not going to end before that "

" Yes Yes, you are 100 % correct madam, if we all follow rules , then there will be no accidents "

Yeah Right ....
He finally made some remote sense of what is was speaking...so i thought i should leave it at that.

4 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Avi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Amber means "go if you can." and it does not mean, stretch out your hand and stop the rest of them from going past you..:-)
But well done. You could also not swear at the old man. You could have been a better citizen

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger calvin said...

Amber means go past only if u are already half way thru and not accelerate and race past if u have to stop and i dint swear at the senior citizen although he deserved to be sweared at.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sincerly feel that atleast 25% of the bangalore traffic problem would be solved if we just follow the traffic rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home